- identify how to break down complicated issues into smaller components.
- determine the definition of an effective problem statement.
- identify the primary benefit of focusing questions.
- identify a problem's root causes.
- apply critical thinking tools to analyze and unpack consequences.
- recognize how to prepare others to think critically.
skill level intermediate
- have you ever solved one problem, only to realize you created a bigger one? have you ever thought you solved a problem, but then discovered you only cured a symptom and didn't fix the root cause? the reason these things happen is because you're not thinking critically. critical thinking is both a mindset and the application of some real, simple tools. i'm mike figliuolo, and i've been applying and teaching critical thinking methods for years. across all different industries and business functions, i found these critical thinking skills to be invaluable. in this course, i'll share critical thinking techniques like defining the real problem, the five whys, the seven so whats, the 80-20 rule and how to conduct insightful analysis. i'll discuss how you can apply these techniques to your daily work and how you can build a culture of critical thinking within your team.