stacey explains what to include and exclude on a resume and how to showcase your talents and best qualities. using practical examples, stacey walks through choosing the right format, tailoring information to match job requirements, and writing alternative resumes that include industry-specific information. last, stacey shows you how to deal with some common sore spots—like job hopping, lack of experience, or unemployment gaps—while concentrating on your experience.
- explain how to present your experience on a resume.
- identify where spell check will not catch mistakes.
- recognize the proper way to present your dates of employment in your professional experience section.
- recall when you will need a traditional resume in the entertainment business.
- explain what you could do to fill in the void on your resume when you have been unemployed for over six months.
- name the benefits of sending a handwritten thank-you note following an interview.
- identify some things you can do to help you identify and eliminate red flags before applying for a job.
skill level intermediate
- have you ever wondered why some resumes get read and others don't? are you wondering what it takes to get someone to do more than simply scan your resume, but actually take notice? i plan to answer these questions for you and much more. this course is full of actionable steps and examples designed to help you create the right resume for the job you want. if you were thinking i'll just skim this content and apply it at some point in the future, don't, because this video series requires you to focus your efforts and put in some work. but don't worry, i'll be here to guide you through the process and help you every step of the way. hi, i'm stacey gordon and welcome to writing a resume. as a no nonsense career strategist from new york, i will use my straightforward approach to help you get results. you will need to take notes and there are tools right on screen for you to do that. but if you'd rather get a pen and paper, that works too. so if you're ready, let's begin.